I’ve noticed lately that the stats my ISP provides for Word Munger don’t really change from day to day. Even on days I don’t post, the stats are practically the same as days with one or more posts (According to my ISP, I’m getting about 500 visits a day, which I know is way high).
I blame spammers.
I think Site Meter does a better job eliminating spam from its stats, so I’ve added a little Site Meter icon to the sidebar. The problem with Site Meter, of course, is that it doesn’t track RSS usage. But it should be better than my ISP.
So, if you’re an RSS user, please pop by the main site to let me know you’re here (and to inflate my currently pathetic Site Meter stats).
I’m also open to any other suggestions about how to improve my stats reporting.